Whole wheat cheese straws are a great handy and healthy snack for toddlers. They are quick and easy to make and are a great healthy homemade alternative to crisps and biscuits.
Prep time 15 mins Cooking time 15 mins
Makes about 20
100g Grated mature cheddar Cheese
75g Wholewheat flour
A pinch salt
A drop of milk
- Preheat oven to 200-degree, 180-degree fan assisted oven or gas mark 6.
- In a bowl cream butter and grated cheese together with a metal spoon.
- Add the flour and salt and combine together into a dough.
- Add a drop of milk to firm up the dough.
- Knead a little on a lightly floured board
- Roll out dough to approx 1 1/4 cm thick.
- Cut out sticks 1 1/4 cm by 7 cm.
- Place on a lightly greased baking tray giving them a little space to expand.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 mins until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on a cooling tray.
- Eat warm, cold or freeze for later.