What are positive affirmations?
Positive Affirmations are statements you declare to yourself and repeat, of how you want to be. They are declarations of intentions. Intentions like goals need to be specific.
- I am confident
- When my body asks, I take it slow.
- I nourish my body, and it nourishes my baby.
- I crave only what is healthy for my baby
How do they work?
They are the oral affirmation and visualisation of you following through with your intentions.
- They become self-fulfilling prophecies which by repeated stating can become true.
- The visualisation of success in a future event is a tool commonly used and attributed by sports people, business owners and even magicians as the first step to the attainment of that success.
- They are an element of goal/ intention setting which enables you to be specific about what you want.
- They increase your positivity/negativity ratio suggested to widen your horizons and increase your openness to possibility.
When to use them:
- Every day for any possibility.
- When you want to become more confident.
- When you want to increase your self-esteem and self-image.
- Pregnancy Affirmations can be used to ensure you make the most of your pregnancy for the future of your child.
- Birthing Affirmations can be used when you want to set an intention for a natural birth
Image: Copyright: / 123RF Stock Photo